Friday 3 June 2011

Update: 3rd June

All of the shots have been blocked out in one way or another, and 10 of my 24 shots are "finished". I will be going back and editing the shots when I get the time, but it's far more important to go through them all first to a basic stage. The 10 shots I've animated have taken roughly 2 weeks to do, and in getting into the mood of animating again I'm getting faster at doing it again. If I can get the shots finished by the end of next week that'd be superb.

As for rendering I've been rendering off the environments for some shots, which I'll show this weekend. Since most shots are static in the film I'll be rendering the characters on a separate layer, which is good because it gives me the chance to render off a large bulk of the film already.

I do believe we'll get the film finished in time for the degree show, but if we can't we'd have to settle for Skillset. Getting it done for the degree show however is my main priority, but of course I want to make sure the quality is good enough.

Unlike the films from last year I wont be rendering the film in HD, instead I'll be rendering the film in 576p. In the future after the degree I will re-render the film in HD, but I really don't want to waste time when I could be working on the animation some more.

My folders are essentially there, and I have 2 weeks to ensure they're at the best quality they can be. The animation folder is my main folder, and the other 2 folders are very much full up.

Time to crack on again!

No comments:

Post a Comment