Sunday 19 December 2010

Term 1 reflection

Wow, term 1 is now over! It really did go by incredibly quickly.

Both myself and Guy ensured we'd be as busy as we could possibly be, ensuring all key aspects of the film were being worked upon.

Not only was Dan's unit an incredible help but we managed to get the film to a FAR better quality in its storytelling which is the key point that I found useful about the term.

For example take a look at my very first animatic when it comes to the story!



http://tomritchie.net/unhatched/animatic/Old%20Animatics/unhatched.mov

As you can see there isn't much of a story but the key idea remains somewhat similar. With the help of Dan both myself and Guy were able to improve upon the film in such an incredible way. I've attached the new animatic below to demonstrate!



http://tomritchie.net/unhatched/animatic/Old%20Animatics/unhatched_animatic_121210.mov

There are 2 additional characters to the film, but the story is leaps and bounds superior to what we had before. I really must say I'm incredibly happy with the outcome and I look forward to working on it over these coming months!

The film wasn't without its problems however, the visual style suffered greatly sadly because of the lack of Andy Bennett. He had offered from the beginning of the year to work on concepts for the film which would ensure a visual style was there, but sadly he only briefly worked on the film. I was attempting to get into contact with him for over a week but eventually gave up due to his lack of input. In many ways this was a blessing because it gave myself and Guy the chance to make the film look exactly as we had intended it to look. We only got Andy on board because it would make our life a bit easier and that we believed he was a worthy part of the team.

No comments:

Post a Comment