Monday 29 November 2010

Run 01



Playblast

QUICKTIME: Playblast

This is the first blocking out for the chicks run cycle, it is as of now incredibly basic but I'll be adding more weight and fleshing things out a bit more over the next few of days.

Another thing worth noting is how the bird will move, I wish for it to be quite light on its feet due to the size and weight of the bird but I also wish for it to retain the look of a standard run cycle. I feel the wings should be pretty much static throughout the actual animation, so that's why I will not attempt to animate the hands on the rig in these tests.

Reference

Richard Williams Run cycle



Below is a run cycle by Eadweard Muybridge.



Because I'm slightly deviating from an actual human run cycle (like above), I'll be pushing things quite a bit more. Especially when the character is in the air, I will make sure the chick will be in the air for a few more frames to appear far more light on its feet. Another thing I will accomplish is enabling stretch on the legs to feel bouncy as it lands, but this will mostly be a subtle thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment